How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off For Life
If you are looking for ways to lose weight and keep it off and are getting frustrated with the ads on TV, billboards and magazines that promise fast weight loss then check this way out.
I lost over 20 pounds by going the slow way. Just like the tortoise in the race with the rabbit, I won the race with a slow and steady plan.
I hate diets myself, and my will power might as well be zero. But I got told by my Doctor that my blood pressure was rising and I either had to go on meds or do something about my weight. She gave me 3 months to try something.
That gave me the push I needed but where to start? How to lose weight and keep it off for good? I decided to look closely at my food intake on most days of the week. I did have a bit of a pattern, so I looked at some of my foods and then spent an afternoon in the grocery store to see if I could find some replacements.
I was not thrilled with the diet selection and didn’t want anything tasteless, so I started with the cheese. I purchased a good brand of low fat cheese to replace my regular cheese on my ham and cheese sandwich at lunch while at work.
I figured that was a good start. I didn’t even notice the change in taste. So , stuck with that for a while, then started looking at other things. Such as milk on my cereal. I switched first to 1% and then to skim milk slowly, and saved some more calories. I decide to change the taste of my sandwich from mayo to mustard which is zero fat and calories.
I then went for the afternoon snack. I didn’t want to change out my cookies for carrot sticks, as I knew I would just start looking for something else to eat. There is nothing wrong with carrot sticks buy when you vision cookies, carrots just don’t do it! I found some cookies, that were NOT diet ones, simply a different brand that uses less fat and calories to make them.
After a few weeks I realized I was cutting at least 250 calories or more from my routine days. I noticed my pants getting a bit loser. After the first month I had lost 2 pounds. That may not seem much but I really felt like I had not done anything to lose it.
I then added a couple flights of stairs to my day, either at work or home. Each month the 2 pounds kept coming off. After a year I was down 24 pounds. In that same amount of time, my friends had lost weight with crazy diets and shakes and gained it back. I won the race with slow and steady fat loss and still got to eat real food that I love. Works for me.
Plus my blood pressure is down. So , slowly change some habits, don’t do it all at once and you will win the race and lose weight and keep it off for good.
Read More Article Here
from The Best Press Release Service http://ift.tt/1MKeZVq
from http://ift.tt/1OocvN8 via http://topress.in
沒有留言:
張貼留言